- 2 Jays and 3 Blackbirds in Banstead Woods (MH).
- late news MEALY REDPOLL on Wednesday in Banstead Woods at The Scrub (MS).
- 7.54am-2.56pm: MARSH TIT in Banstead Woods at grid ref TQ 26606 57569 and Woodcock flushed nearby, 5 Bullfinches (1 Canons Farmhouse, 4 Banstead Woods), 20+ Lesser Redpolls, Siskin, Meadow Pipit, c.15 Yellowhammers, Kestrel, Common Buzzard, c.40 Skylarks, Coal Tit, Treecreeper, 3 Nuthatches, 6 Goldcrests, c.30 Fieldfares, 25+ Redwings, c.10 Goldfinches, c.5 Greenfinches, c.20 Linnets, Pheasant, 20+ Common Gulls, 1+ Pied Wagtail, subsinging Blackbird, 3 Green Woodpeckers, 3+ Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 6+ Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC).
- 2.30pm-4.10pm: Northern Lapwing, Grey Heron, 4 Meadow Pipits, Mistle Thrush, 2 Common Buzzards, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Common Gull, Sparrowhawk, 19 Rose-ringed Parakeets, several Fieldfares (AH).
- 7.54am-3.10pm: 2 Cormorants flew north, c.40 Lesser Redpolls (main flock Lunch Wood, 1 Banstead Woods), Grey Heron, 2 Bramblings, 3 Siskins, 2+ Meadow Pipits, 2 Common Buzzards, Sparrowhawk, c.120 Fieldfares, c.20 Redwings, 19+ Skylarks, up to 20 Common Gulls, ad.Lesser Black-backed Gull, 2 Yellowhammers, 3 Stock Doves, Bullfinch, up to 5 Greenfinches, up to 20 Goldfinches, 4 Treecreepers, 9+ Goldcrests, 9+ Nuthatches, 9+ Pheasants, 2+ Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 2 Green Woodpeckers, 1+ Pied Wagtail, c.5 Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC/IJ et al).
- c.7.30am-c.10.00am: 5 Bullfinches, 9 Yellowhammers, 60+ Fieldfares, 20 Redwings, Nuthatch, 2 Greenfinches, 11 Herring Gulls, Stock Dove, Common Gull, Song Thrush (MS/DS).
- 8 Northern Lapwings and 4 Woodcocks (via DKC)
- Northern Lapwing flew over; also 3 Common Buzzards (dog-walker via DKC).
- 14 Fieldfares (MH).
- MEALY REDPOLL with 40-50+ Lesser Redpolls at The Scrub, Little Owl, 102+ Fieldfares (flocks of 37 and 65+), 75+ Redwings (5-6 groups: smallest group 8, largest group 22), 19 Yellowhammers, 13 Lesser Black-backed Gulls over in one flock, 8 Bullfinches (3 males, 5 fems/1st winters), 7 Skylarks, 20+ Linnets, 5 Rose-ringed Parakeets, 2 Goldcrests, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 2 Pied Wagtails, 2 Nuthatches, 5 Common Gulls, 20+ Jays (including group of 4), 18 Starlings, c.24 Long-tailed Tits (2 groups of c.12) (MS).
- 8.30am-11.45am: 2 Common Buzzards & 2 Grey Herons in Big Field, Common Gull, 3 Meadow Pipits, 10 Yellowhammers, c.140 Fieldfares, several Redwings Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, 11 Skylarks, Pied Wagtail, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker, 6 Jays, 13 Collared Doves - 37 species (AH).
- 7.50am-12.52pm: Chiffchaff, 1+ Brambling, 5 Common Buzzards, 28+ Pheasants, Grey Heron, 19 Lesser Redpolls, 12 Collared Doves, 13 Stock Doves, Pied Wagtail, 2 Green Woodpeckers, 2+ Rose-ringed Parakeets, 18+ Redwings, 3+ Skylarks, 200+ Linnets, up to 400 Chaffinches, Nuthatch, Meadow Pipit, Kestrel (DKC/RDW/AH).
- 9.45am-4.07am: c.50 Lesser Redpolls at Lunch Wood, Brambling, 3 Common Buzzards, Little Owl, 4 Common Gulls (3 ads, 1 1st winter), Grey Heron, 2 Siskins, c.15 Redwings, 1+ Skylark, 2 Yellowhammers, Mistle Thrush, 65+ Fieldfares, c.5 Greenfinches, c.23 Stock Doves, 11 Pheasants, 8 Meadow Pipits, Sparrowhawk, 6+ Bullfinches, 3 Nuthatches, 5 Goldcrests, male Kestrel, 5+ Rose-ringed Parakeets, 2+ Green Woodpeckers, 1+ Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Rooks, Coal Tit, Treecreeper, 2+ Pied Wagtails, ad.Lesser Black-backed Gull (DKC).
- shooters reported flushing up to 6 Woodcocks recently from Ruffett Wood but asure us they don't shoot them! (via DKC).
- 11.30am-1.00pm: Common Buzzard, Little Owl, c.15 Yellowhammers with 2 Chaffinches, Common Gull (AH).
- 2-3 Bramblings (MH/JF/DKC), 18 Meadow Pipits, 3 Mistle Thrushes, 20+ Fieldfares, 12+ Redwings, Little Owl, 2+ Yellowhammers, 2 Common Gulls, Nuthatch, Goldcrest, Pheasant (DKC et al).
- 3 Common Buzzards, c.20 Yellowhammers, up to 5 Goldcrests, Treecreeper, 2 Coal Tits, Common Gull (AH).
- 2 Meadow Pipits, Common Buzzard, Little Owl, Treecreeper, Goldcrest, Pheasant, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 1+ Green Woodpecker, Pied Wagtail, 12+ Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC).
- Woodcock (SG)
- BLACK REDSTART still (JF).
- 2 Grey Herons and Common Buzzard at Lambert's Shaw, Little Owl near farmhouse (DKC).
- Kestrel (DKC/NR/MS).
- 4.00pm-5.32pm: SHORT-EARED OWL hunting at 5.05pm in field NE of Canons Farmhouse with BARN OWL, also fem/1w BLACK REDSTART around barns by Canons Farmhouse, 3 Little Owls, Common Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, 5+ Fieldfares, 1+ Redwing, Green Woodpecker, 4 Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC/PGo).
- 2 Common Buzzards earlier in the day (PGo).
- male HEN HARRIER left roost at 6.56am then flew purposefully east, 4 Common Buzzards, 3 Siskins, 4 Yellowhammers (2 males), c.50 Chaffinches, male Kestrel, c.25 Fieldfares (SG/MSp/NR).
- c.2.00pm-5.03pm: BARN OWL again hunting over field NE of Canons Farmhouse at 4.52pm, Little Owl, Rook, Skylark, 3 Yellowhammers, 25+ Fieldfares, 1+ Redwing, Sparrowhawk, Greenfinch, Pheasant, Meadow Pipit, 2+ Pied Wagtails, 4+ Rose-ringed Parakeets, fem Kestrel (DKC).
- 4.00pm-5.10pm: male HEN HARRIER showing well over field just NE of Canons Farmhouse/barns 4.13pm-4.40pm when it roosted in that field, BARN OWL hunting over same field at dusk, 4 Mallards, 1+ Little Owl calling, Goldcrest (DKC/JA/MSp).
- 2 BLACK REDSTARTS still, Brambling, c.300 Fieldfares flew c.north, c.500 Woodpigeons flew south, c.12 Yellowhammers (SG/JA/JH).
- 8.08am-3.17pm: CORN BUNTING till 9.06am between farmhouse and last residential houses along Canons Lane, 2 BLACK REDSTARTS, Brambling, c.10 Yellowhammers, Common Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, 2 Kestrels, 2 Little Owls, 3 Mistle Thrushes, 3+ Siskins, 5 Lesser Redpolls, 7+ Skylarks, 3 Meadow Pipits, 2 male Pheasants, 1+ Fieldfare, Goldcrest, Common Gull, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Green Woodpecker, 5+ Rose-ringed Parakeets, 2 Nuthatches, 3+ Pied Wagtails (DKC/PGo/JA/PM/JHu/AW/GB/GO et al).