Friday 27thThursday 26th
- Northern Wheatear still on barns behind Canons Farmhouse, 2 Hobbies, Meadow Pipit, Grey Heron, 7+ Goldcrests, 5+ Blackcaps, 6+ Common Whitethroats, 5 Chiffchaffs, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, 4+ Bullfinches, Treecreeper, 10+
- Yellow Wagtail 3 times in flight then dropped onto Legal & General, Northern Wheatear on derelict barns, 2 Hobbies (juveniles), Little Owl, Sparrowhawk, 3+ Bullfinches (including juvenile), 5 Goldcrests, 4+ Nuthatches, Treecreeper, 2 Coal Tits, 4 Yellowhammers, c.20 Linnets, 7 Swallows, 6 House Martins*, 2 Kestrels, 4 Blackcaps, 5 Chiffchaffs, 7 Common Whitethroats, 3 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 8 Green Woodpeckers, 6 Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC/MS).
- SPOTTED FLYCATCHER showing well 5.08pm-5.55pm at least at Lunch Wood by tarmac dumping area. Also Rook, Bullfinch, Treecreeper, 2 Chiffchaffs, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 5+ Green Woodpeckers, Linnet, c.28 Rose-ringed Parakeets, Stock Dove, 2 Yellowhammers (1+ juv), c.30 Swallows (DKC).
- Garden Warbler, 2 Hobbies (adult and juvenile), Meadow Pipit, Grey Heron, 2+ House Martins, 7+ Swallows, 3 Pied Wagtails, 12 Common Whitethroats, 9 Chiffchaffs, 5+ Blackcaps, 4 Yellowhammers, 4+ Bullfinches, 2 Goldcrests, 5 Treecreepers, 5+ Nuthatches, 3+ Coal Tits, Kestrel, c.10 Linnets, 3 Rose-ringed Parakeets, 1+ Great Spotted Woodpecker, 6 Green Woodpeckers (DKC).
- 3 GOLDEN PLOVERS flew low NNW, calling, at 8.40am also 1+ Hobby, 2 Common Buzzards*, 1+ Sparrowhawk, 4 Yellowhammers (including 2 juvs), 22 Pied Wagtails, 10 Chiffchaffs, 10 Common Whitethroats, Blackcap, 6 Swallows, Skylark, 2 Bullfinches, Treecreeper, 5+ Nuthatches, 4 Coal Tits, 4+ Stock Doves, c.25 Linnets, 4 Green Woodpeckers, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 22 Black-headed Gulls on Legal & General playing field (DKC).
- Hobby, Common Buzzard*, Meadow Pipit, imm. Cormorant over, 12 Common Whitethroats, 12 Chiffchaffs, 4+ Blackcaps, 2+ Common Swifts (1*), 24+ House Martins (4*), 8+ Swallows, 5+ Yellowhammers, Sparrowhawk, 1+ Bullfinch, Pheasant, 3+ Goldcrests, 4 Treecreepers, 4+ Nuthatches, 8+ Coal Tits, 2+ Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 8 Green Woodpeckers, 16+ Linnets, Black-headed Gull, Rose-ringed Parakeet (DKC).
- possible juvenile Yellow-legged Gull on Legal & General field in the evening but flew off before it could be conclusively identified or photographed (showed neat dark terminal band to tail in flight, dark outer greater coverts and almost completely plain tertials; however, although head and underparts were a bit paler than other gulls, this wasn't striking). Also Common Gull, 2 adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls, c.20 Black-headed Gulls and c.40 Herring Gulls on the playing field. Also 3 Yellowhammers, 2+ Linnets, c.15 Swallows, 3 Green Woodpeckers, Stock Dove (DKC).
- TREE PIPIT along path running south from derelict barns, Hobby again on top of pine in Banstead Woods, 35+ Swallows, House Martin, c.30 Linnets, 3 Yellowhammers (2 males +juv), Treecreeper, Coal Tit, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 4 Green Woodpeckers, 2 Stock Doves, Rose-ringed Parakeet, Blackcap, 2 Chiffchaffs, 2 Common Whitethroats. 3 House Martins and Swallow Chipstead Valley from The Brow (DKC).
- 3 Willow Warblers (SG).
- Lesser Spotted Woodpecker near Banstead Woods car park, Hobby showing well in pine NE of buildings in woods, 2 Bullfinches, Treecreeper, 2 Goldcrests, Nuthatch, 27 Linnets, 2 Yellowhammers, 5 Green Woodpeckers, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 2 Blackcaps, 4 Chiffchaffs, Common Whitethroat, 4 Stock Doves, 2 Rose-ringed Parakeets. 40 House Martins south and Mallard past from The Brow (DKC).